Friday, April 24, 2009

Late Assignment for 4/24

Because I haven't finished reading my current book Summer of my German Solider. So I really can't explain much about since I'm only on chapter 3 or 4. But I have read other books. But I'm too lazy to memorize those and start up an explanation. So I'll just start with...

This book made me ponder about what might happen next. The main character is... I don't know. I forgot her name. But she is a Jew in the 1940's obviously. But her location is in... I don't remember either. All I know is she near Tennessee and the Mississippi river. She comes from a wealthy family and leads a normal life. Not to mention she plain for a girl. Her mother expects so Check Spellingmuch from her but sadly she can't meet her mother's expectations. Shes a bit of a tomboy, and even her father ignores her. Thats normal. Pretty much. But who am I to judge? I don't know! It's until she is watching her father's shop from a far. One day the German Prisoner of War trucks arrive at the shop for a puchase of hats and such. The only english-speaking German prisioner catches the main character's eye. Oh, now I remember the name of the main character is Patty. So Patty tries to strike a conversation with Reiker the German soldier. I stopped reading there since I ran out of time. But I'll continue reading the rest of the book to the best of my ability. I know I can finish reading it this weekend if I really try. But I doubt it. I have a lot to do this weekend. I don't mind, but I have my reading journal due next week. And I have no freakin' idea for connection or a "hook". I'm like freaking out here dude! I wish I can do the journal on The Host or The Demonata: Bec. But I can't find the books anywhere! Still freaking out... I don't know what to do. At least I caught up with my 90 vocabulary cards. Thank God. Well that the end of my post. I'll see you guyz around. Laters!

No comments: